Universität Basel, Kollegienhaus, Petersgraben 50, 4051 Basel.
Forschungsnetzwerk Responsible Digital Society.
Local (Government) Data in Research
On March 22, the PARIS21 Spring Meeting will take place in Basel on the topic "Going local to leave no one behind: The role of subnational data". On the evening before, the research network ResponsibleDigital Society of the University of Basel will host a public event.
- Prof. Dr. Christine Alewell, Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Basel: "Big data for soil health assessment: from global erosion modeling to local remote mapping approaches"
- Prof. Dr. Giusi Moffa, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Basel: "From real-world data to intervention effects: tales from the health sciences"
- Prof. Dr. Lukas Rosenthaler, Digital Humanities Lab, University of Basel: "The Digital Transformation in the Humanities - Open Data as an Opportunity for Culture and Society"
18:00 Panel Discussion: Open (Government) Data in Research.
- Prof. Dr. Christine Alewell, Univ. Basel
- Jonas Bieri, Head of Data and Process Management at the Statistical Office of the Canton Basel-Stadt
- Prof. Dr. Giusi Moffa, Univ. Basel
- Prof. Dr. Lukas Rosenthaler, Univ. Basel
- Moderation: Andreas Amsler, former Lead of Open Government Data at the Canton Zurich
The event will be followed by an aperitif. No registration is required.
Export event as iCal